Saturday, December 8, 2007

Year 2

In the midst of studying for the LSAT a few weeks ago in D.C. I received a phone call, from of all places... Australia, it took me about 5 minutes to decide...
to accept an offer to play winter ball in the South Australian Baseball League for the last 3 months of the season (December 18 - March 18). Thus beginning my 2nd year of pro ball - with an incredible opportunity to do my training during the off-season (which usually is confined to a cold dreary gym during the off-season in D.C.) in the gorgeous land down under, during their summer in Adelaide, Australia. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide ).

I will be moving back to Detroit on December 11th but only will be there for a few days before I go to Australia where I will be playing for the Southern Districts Baseball Club - Hawks ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Districts_Baseball_Club )
in the South Australian Baseball League. The league is a very high quality winter league, easily one of the best in the world, that many pro ball players that play world-wide and in the U.S. play in during our winter months. Luckily, unlike last year where I was in 2 countries that did not have English as a primary language you can sort-of follow me on this website ( http://www.southerndistricts.baseball.com.au/ ) however, I am unsure how frequently they update it so - as I did last year I will keeping a blog on my baseball games, experiences, travels, etc. on www.justprin.blogspot.com

I just want to thank so many of you for the support and well-wishes from the past year and I can't name everyone but particularly there were a few individuals that I really felt gave me great motivation to keep trying to attain my goals in baseball and live out my dreams that I've had since i was 7. From Philip De Wulf, to James Rosenau, to Paul and Joel Winston, to Joena Wattenbergh, to Chris Newell, to Michael Weinstein, and Brad Gooding, each of whom spoke with me at length and gave me so much encouragement to keep working and going down this path - and now, things are slowly coming to fruition and as the opportunities continue to open - I hope I can make all of you proud, or at the least provide some good entertainment with stories of my baseball exploits around the world.

No comments: