Saturday, January 19, 2008

Boost

Question: How do you know you are a celebrity in a foreign country?
Answer: When the girls at Boost recognize you, know your name, and hook you up with extra protein in your drink.

Ah yes, Boost - the delicious "health" smoothie bar in the mall that i seem to visit everyday after my gym session at The Beach House. http://www.boostjuicebars.com/#home. well it seems the ladies at boost on friday are either big baseball fans, big justin prinstein fans, or both. As I order my usual shake, the girl interrupts me - "you want that dairy free right?" clearly she is paying attention, so i ask her if it's because of my accent that she remembers that. she responds to me, surprisingly, with "oh, no - you're the baseball player right" - since i haven't ever spoken to this gal before - i was stunned that she would know that - so i asked.
"oh you play for southern districts right?" she was right. she was a little shy and didn't prod anymore, so i walked to the pick-up part of the line and was even more stunned to hear them say "Justin, your drink is ready" - ok now that's scary. they knew my name.

No comments: